Our History

  • 1869 1869

    The automatic-weaving paper factory was founded in the village Solnechnaya Gora of Klinsky district. It was the “ancestor” of Solnechnogorsky mechanical plant. In 1864 the First Guild merchant Peter Meshkov obtained a permit for a wool mill establishing and bought former barracks for it. In 1869 he sold it to British national Basilius Tae-Gregory. By that time the factory was equipped with 200 steam automatic-weaving looms.

  • 1886 -
    1887
    1886-1887

    Later the factory was bought by the merchant K. Prokhorov, who also bought the lake Senezh and installed on its dam the dynamo for electric power supply of the factory. By that time the factory was equipped with 800 looms. The working day lasted for 16 hours. The child labor was widely used.

  • 1887 1887

    The first strike of workers took place, in which 600 people participated.

  • 1918 1918

    The factory was nationalized by the Soviet state. An 8-hour working day was established.

  • 1930 1930

    Full repair and re-equipment for garment manufacture.

  • 1933 1933

    Production assimilation of the parachute systems. Setting up of the 2-nd Parachute Factory in the USSR (the 1-st is the State Autonomous Plant in the village of Tushino, Moscow Region).

  • 1930 -
    1935
    1930-1935

    Successful assimilation and production of parachute systems. Increase in production capacity. Construction by enterprise efforts of many infrastructure facilities of the village Solnechnaya Gora and residential buildings for the workers of the factory.

  • 1939 1939

    Naming the factory after the first pilot — a Hero of the Soviet Union — M.M. Gromov. Diversification of parachute equipment was produced.

  • 1940 1940

    Factory re-engineering to the manufacturing of radiators for aircraft engines.

  • 1941 1941

    Production for the Red Army use in the war with the fascists. An 11-hour working day, double-shift work. Evacuation of the plant from the occupied territory to Gorky.

  • 1942 1942

    Return to the production of parachute equipment in Solnechnogorsk, the Moscow region. An 11-hour working day, double-shift work. Almost the entire staff of the plant consists of women and children.

  • 1944 1944

    The plant №10 from Tushino was converted to the plant in Solnechnogorsk. It was named “Plant № 10 of People’s Commissariat of Light Industry of the USSR”.

  • 1950 -
    1986
    1950-1986

    Serial production of more than 300 releases of parachute systems. The plant actively cooperates with the Parachute Research Institute in modification of parachute systems. Construction by enterprise efforts residential buildings for the workers of the factory, kindergartens, camps, a sports complex and a boiler house.

  • 1963 1963

    The enterprise was renamed to “Solnechnogorsky Mechanical Plant”.

  • 1968 1968

    1Amid with the manufacturing of parachute systems, the assimilation of tourist equipment (tents and backpacks) production starts.

  • 1969 1969

    By the Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR from July 10, 1969, for the merits in the designing & production of the national paratroop equipment in the honor of the 100-th anniversary of the foundation “Solnechnogorsky Mechanical Plant” was awarded the Order of the Red Banner of Labor.

  • 1981 1981

    At the request of the USSR Sports Committee, the plant designed and manufactured special mountaineering equipment for the first Soviet expedition to the highest peak in the world — Mt. Everest. In 1985 this set of the equipment was awarded one silver and four bronze medals of the All-Union Exhibition of Achievements of National Economy.

  • 1985 -
    1991
    1985-1991

    Production of parachute systems for space vehicles.

  • 1988 1988

    Designing and manufacturing of the equipment for the expedition on the route “the USSR — North Pole — Canada”.

  • 1989 1989

    Designing and manufacturing of the special tourist equipment for the scientific and sports expedition of the women's polar team “Metelitsa”.

  • 1991 1991

    Manufacturing of the hot air balloons for participation in international competitions.

  • 1992 1992

    Privatization of the plant. The new name of it is “Joint Stock Company “Solnechnogorsky Mechanical Plant”” (the “SMP” JSC). Manufacturing of the consumer goods, including tents for the “MAZ” truck trailers.

  • 1994 1994

    Mastering the production of other sites of the products: body armor and paraplanes.

  • 2006 2006

    Mastering the production of weaving weaving: tapes and cords from synthetic hi-modulus materials.

  • 2012 -
    now
    2012 - now

    Large-scale overhauls of production shops. Workplaces of product collectors, inspectors of materials and products of the workshop have been repaired.

  • 2013 2013

    The plant becomes a part of the holding “Tekhnodinamika” of the State Corporation “Rostekh”.

  • 2014 2014

    Charitable material aid was provided in the restoration of the St. Nicholas Church.

  • 2015 2015

    Gratitude of the Governor of the Moscow Region for many years of conscientious work.